A real recipe! Guaranteed to make your next party remembered!
1 spice or german chocolate cake mix (and ingredients listed on mix)
1 white cake mix (and ingredients listed on mix)
1 pkg white sandwich cookies
1 large pkg vanilla instant pudding mix (and ingredients listed on mix)
green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls
1 new kitty litter box
1 new kitty litter box liner
1 new pooper scooper
- Prepare cake mixes and bake according to directions (any size pans).
- Prepare pudding mix according to package directions and chill until ready to assemble. Crumble white sandwich cookies in small batches in blender, they tend to stick, so scrape often. Set aside all but about 1/4 cup. To the 1/4 cup cookie crumbs, add a few drops green food coloring and mix using a fork or shake in jar.
- When cakes are cooled to room temperature, crumble into a large bowl. Toss with half the remaining white cookie crumbs and the chilled pudding. You probably won't need all of the pudding. Mix it with the cake and feel it; you don't want it soggy, just moist. Gently combine.
- Line new, clean kitty litter box. Put mixture into litter box.
- Put three unwrapped Tootsie Rolls in a microwave safe dish and heat until soft and pliable. Shape ends so they are no longer blunt, curving slightly. Repeat with 3 more Tootsie Rolls and bury in mixture.
- Sprinkle the other half of cookie crumbs over top. Scatter green cookie crumbs lightly over the top, this is supposed to look like the chlorophyll in kitty litter.
- Heat remaining Tootsie Rolls, 3 at a time in the microwave until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with cookie crumbs. Or, only spread 5 of the remaining Tootsie Rolls over the top. Take one and heat until pliable, hang it over the side of the kitty litter box, sprinkling it lightly with cookie crumbs.
- Place the box on a newspaper and sprinkle a few of the cookie crumbs around. Serve with a new pooper scooper.